We are a group of people who love live theatre. We volunteer our time and energies to maintain the Pierson Playhouse where each season we produce five main stage plays and two youth productions in addition to many other live presentations. All work is voluntary and if you would like to join the effort, here are some examples of how you can help us:
- Build a set – a one day affair with pizza for lunch!
- Help on a production as a stage manager or assistant director.
- Learn to run the light and sound operations. No special skills needed – we can train you!
- Create costumes; find and assemble wardrobes – lots of fun if you like to shop in thrift stores.
- Locate or create props, those special items that add zing to our productions.
- If you have computer, social network, or public relations skills, join us in spreading the word about our shows.
- Be a house manager; greet our audience and serve refreshments – a great way to get to know everyone.
- Have a green thumb or just like being outdoors? Help maintain our garden and the little park on Haverford.
This list isn’t exclusive. If you have an interest in live theatre, want to hang out with a bunch of nice people, and help preserve and promote our community theatre, this is your chance. Need to find out more? Send your name, address, email and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.Volunteer at Theatre Palisades